While all of motorsports ponders NASCAR’s Tuesday announcement that next year’s Cup Series schedule will include a street race in Chicago, the Cup, Xfinity and Camping World Truck series will race this weekend at Pocono Raceway.
Sunday will mark the Cup Series’ only visit this season to Pocono, which has been on the schedule since 1974. Only six races remain in the regular season. Christopher Bell became the 14th driver to qualify for the playoffs with a win last Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Xfinity and Truck races are scheduled Saturday. The 150-mile Truck race will be the regular-season finale.
The Xfinity (5 p.m. ET, Saturday) and Cup (3 p.m. ET, Sunday) races will be broadcast by USA Network.
Here is a look at this weekend’s schedule:
Pocono Raceway (Cup, Xfinity and Trucks)
Friday: Sunny, some clouds. Stray shower possible. High of 85.
Saturday: Partly cloudy. High of 88.
Sunday: Partly cloudy in morning. Scattered thunderstorms in afternoon. High of 87 with a 5 percent chance of rain.
Friday, July 22
(All times Eastern)
- 11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. — Camping World Truck Series
- 2 – 7 p.m. — Xfinity Series
- 4:30 – 5 p.m. — Camping World Truck practice (FS1)
- 5 – 6 p.m. — Camping World Truck qualifying (FS1)
Saturday, July 23
- 8 a.m. — Xfinity Series
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. — Cup Series
- 9 a.m. — Camping World Truck Series
- 9:35 – 10:05 a.m. — Xfinity practice (USA Network)
- 10:05 – 11 a.m. — Xfinity qualifying (USA Network)
- Noon — Camping World Truck Series race (60 laps, 150 miles; Fox, Motor Racing Network, SiriusXM NASCAR radio)
- 2:35 – 3:20 p.m. — Cup practice (USA Network, Motor Racing Network, SiriusXM NASCAR radio)
- 3:20 – 4:30 p.m. — Cup qualifying (USA Network, Motor Racing Network, SiriusXM NASCAR radio)
- 5 p.m. — Xfinity race (90 laps, 225 miles; USA Network, Motor Racing Network, SiriusXM NASCAR radio)
Sunday, July 24
- Noon — Cup Series
- 3 p.m. — Cup race (160 laps, 400 miles; USA Network, Motor Racing Network, SiriusXM NASCAR radio)