Preliminary entry lists are out for Saturday’s NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series races at Richmond Raceway.
The same-day doubleheader begins with the Xfinity Series’ next-to-last race of the regular season. NASCAR Hall of Famer and NASCAR on NBC analyst Dale Earnhardt Jr. is in the field for his lone series start of 2021.
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series resumes Sept. 16 at Bristol Motor Speedway with the first elimination race of the Truck playoffs.
Cup: Federated Auto Parts 400 Salute to First Responders (7:30 p.m. ET Saturday, NBCSN)
Thirty-seven cars are entered for Saturday’s race.
Xfinity: Go Bowling 250 (2:30 p.m. ET Saturday, NBCSN)
Forty-one cars are entered for Saturday’s race.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. is listed in the No. 8 JR Motorsports Chevrolet. He has 24 career Xfinity wins, but his most recent in April 2016 at Richmond is the only one he’s earned for the team he co-owns.
Other notables include:
- NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour regular Patrick Emerling in the No. 23 Our Motorsports Chevrolet
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regular John Hunter Nemechek in the No. 26 Sam Hunt Racing Toyota
- Xfinity and Truck part-timer Josh Berry in the No. 31 Jordan Anderson Racing Chevrolet
- Truck part-timer Akinori Ogata in the No. 52 Means Motorsports Chevrolet
- Xfinity part-timer Ty Gibbs in the No. 54 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota
- Sam Mayer, normally driver of the No. 8 JRM entry, in the No. 99 BJ McLeod Motorsports Ford