Dale Jr. keeps climbing!
Dale Earnhardt Jr. moves up to fourth place in the newest edition of NBC Sports’ virtual NASCAR Power Rankings.
Junior was seventh in the previous Power Rankings after the virtual race at Bristol more than two weeks ago.
As for the latest edition of Power Rankings, William Byron is the unanimous pick by NBC Sports’ NASCAR writers for the No. 1 spot, followed by Timmy Hill, Denny Hamlin, Dale Jr. and Landon Cassill.
Here are the rankings:
1. William Byron (30 points): It’s hard to pick against the guy who has won the last two races. Had he not been bumped out of the lead by Timmy Hill at Texas, it could have been three in a row. Ranking after Bristol: 2nd.
2. Timmy Hill (27 points): Has not finished worse than third in any of the four eNASCAR Pro Invitational iRacing Series races. Ranking after Bristol: 1st.
3. Denny Hamlin (24 points): Virtual Homestead winner has finished in the top six in each of the past two events. Ranking after Bristol: 3rd.
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (19 points): Has three top 10s in the first four events, placing eighth at virtual Richmond. Ranking after Bristol: 7th.
5. Landon Cassill (18 points): Made it through the qualifying race to the main event and finished fourth at virtual Richmond. Ranking after Bristol: Unranked.
6. Parker Kligerman (14 points): Scored his first top-five finish of the series this past weekend. Ranking after Bristol: Unranked.
7. Kyle Busch (11 points): Keeps getting better at sim racing. Scored first top-five finish at digital Richmond. Ranking after Bristol: 9th.
8. Ryan Preece (10 points): Started on pole and ran well until getting into it with Matt DiBenedetto. Ranking after Bristol: 5th.
9. Garrett Smithley (5 points): Had another strong run going before incident left him with 17th-place finish. Ranking after Bristol: 4th.
10. Brad Keselowski (3 points): Looks like a force to be reckoned with going forward. Ranking after Bristol: Unranked.
Others also receiving votes: Bubba Wallace (2 points), Erik Jones (2 points)