NASCAR is a sport built not only on speed but also numbers.
So to give a perspective about this weekend’s Cup and Xfinity races on the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval, track officials have issued the following list of Roval-related numbers to digest:
- 2.28: Length of the Roval in miles.
- 17: Number of turns on the Roval— more than any other Cup track.
- 54: Amount, in feet, of the new backstretch chicane at its widest point, creating additional passing opportunities; Last year’s chicane was 32 feet wide at its widest point.
- 35: The elevation change (in feet) from highest to lowest.
- 35,380: Total work hours completed on the project for last year’s inaugural event.
- 30,000: Number of tires for barriers on the Roval.
- 4,000: Feet of custom-made canopies for tire packs.
- 5,400: Gallons of red, white and blue paint applied.
- 1,500: Amount, in linear feet, of additional wheel fence constructed.
- 23: Transition plates installed with 550 anchors and bolts.
- 14: The painted signage on the frontstretch synthetic turf is equivalent to the size of 14 NFL end zones.
- 166,400: Amount, in wattage, of the speedway’s new public address sound system.
- 1,600: K-12 students from across the Carolinas taking part in the innovative STEM Expo on Friday at zMAX Dragway.
- 10: Acres of Fan Zone fun with interactive displays, vendor areas and more.
- 90: Height of Ferris wheel located at Turn 4 Sun Deck, giving fans a unique view of the Roval.
- 50: Additional kilometers added to Saturday’s Xfinity race.
- 3: Free concerts with a race ticket. Yacht Rock Revue and Tim Dugger headline Saturday’s Rock the Roval party, while Chris Lane will perform a pre-race concert Sunday