NASCAR is defined by family. Drivers’ children, spouses and parents fill the garage and victory lane celebrations.
As Thanksgiving approaches, NASCAR America looked back on some of the greatest family moments of the season.
“The drivers have done a tremendous job in bringing their families in – their kids in – and it just shows that we’re not just saying this is a family sport,” Dale Jarrett, son of legendary Ned Jarrett, said. “It has been for a long time. Kyle Petty and myself and many others. This is what we grew up around. … I think it’s showing these young people this is a sport that you can count on. You can count on the people and there are a lot of good people involved with that.”
- Clint Bowyer jogging down the front stretch to scoop his son Cash into his arms at Martinsville.
- Kevin Harvick‘s son Keelan retrieving the checkered flag at Michigan followed by a trip to victory lane in the passenger side of his father’s car.
- Bubba Wallace’s mother Desiree Wallace joining him in the media center at Daytona.
- Chase Elliott and his Hall of Fame father Bill Elliott in Watkins Glen’s victory lane.
- Hudson Logano being placed in the Monster Energy Cup trophy by Joey Logano.
For more, watch the video above.