In NASCAR, there are almost always two sides to every incident. This week’s Scan All features contact between Jamie McMurray and Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Jimmie Johnson and Clint Bowyer, as well as Michael McDowell and Austin Dillon.
“You got a granola bar or something down there you can give me?” Clint Bowyer asked crew chief Mike Bugarewicz during the Quaker State 400 at Kentucky Speedway. Unfortunately, all they could find was a mini peanut butter and jelly sandwich. When Bowyer’s spotter chimed in to note that there were granola bars in the goodie bags, it left Bugarewicz wondering why he didn’t get one.
The absence of a snack bar may have been just the thing that kept Bowyer from winning because he lost his composure after losing “three [expletive] spots every time we come down pit road” a little later in the race.
Other highlights included:
- “The 1 door slammed me.” – Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
- “Check the right side, the 17 turned into me on the backstretch.” – Jamie McMurray
- “I see now. I had the wrong line. Two lines there; sorry about that.” – Brad Keselowski
- “Yellow line to yellow line.” – Paul Wolfe, Keselowski’s crew chief
- “I gotta know how far away he is from my door in the corner.” – Ryan Blaney
- “Let the 43 know that I’m racing here; get the hell out of the way.” – Michael McDowell
For more, watch the video above.