Ricky Stenhouse Jr. was the center of attention last week in the Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona International Speedway. He was on the lips of most of the drivers in the field.
After being involved in five incidents during the evening, Stenhouse was taken to task by many of the drivers and team members.
Here are some of the highlights:
- “We’re all done. [Expletive] animals. I swear, nobody wants to ride; nobody wants to follow.” – Kurt Busch
- “I’m gonna guess that was the 17. Wild guess.” – Denny Hamlin
- “This is the only race Stenhouse can win to get himself in, so he was doing everything.” – Chris Gayle, spotter for Erik Jones
- “What are these guys doing? The 17 hooked him too.” – Clint Bowyer
- “The 17 has successfully wrecked half the field.” Mike Bugarewicz, Bowyer’s spotter
- “He’s such a [expletive] idiot. What a [expletive] waste of [expletive] space.” – Kyle Busch
- “This one was worse than the last one. He just drove into his rear and spun him out,” Cole Pearn, Martin Truex Jr.’s crew chief.
- “Yep. If he wrecks everybody, he’ll win.” – Truex
For more, watch the video above.