When Martin Truex Jr. crew chief Cole Pearn faked out Kevin Harvick crew chief Rodney Childers on an aborted pit stop during stage three of the Toyota/SaveMart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, the topic was on everyone’s lips.
Including the driver and crew chief of the No. 4.
“I kind of let everyone down,” Childers said while Truex headed for Victory Lane.
“It’s all good man. All good,” Harvick replied. “Give her hell, man. That’s all that matters. Stuff happens.”
Other highlights from Scan All include:
- “Damnit; blew it up. That’s on me guys.” – AJ Allmendinger
- “I just don’t understand how I can try and take care of my tires and still be the worst car on long runs here.” – Kyle Larson
- “Yeah, that makes two of us.” – Chad Johnston, Larson’s crew chief
- “I have a power steering problem. The [expletive] broke. Oh no, it’s locking up.” – Ryan Blaney
- “What else can we do, besides ride it out. If we go behind the wall, you’re screwed either way.” Jeremy Bullins, Blaney’s crew chief
- “Good car. Driver needs to step up to it. I’ll be better at Watkins Glen” – Bubba Wallace
- “Stay out Martin, stay out, stay out. Go another nine more Martin” – Cole Pearn
- “Basically, the 78 faked us out. They decided to run seven or eight more laps. Kind of screwed us here a little bit, but we’ll make the best of it.” – Rodney Childers
For more, watch the video above.