The last chance for four Xfinity Series drivers to walk away with $100,000 is here.
This weekend’s OneMain Financial 200 at Dover International Speedway marks the end of this season’s Dash 4 Cash campaign, where four drivers compete against each other for the bonus money in four races.
The final set of drivers was established last Saturday at Talladega Superspeedway by the top four finishing drivers competing for points in the Xfinity Series.
But the lineup hit a snag on Wednesday when it was announced that race winner Spencer Gallagher was suspended indefinitely for violating NASCAR’s substance abuse policy.
The set of four drivers now includes JR Motorsports’ Elliott Sadler and Justin Allgaier, Joe Gibbs Racing’s Brandon Jones and independent driver Ryan Sieg. Sieg takes the place of Gallagher.
Sadler enters the race having won the last two Dash 4 Cash bonuses at Talladega and Richmond.
Just like with the first three Dash 4 Cash races, the four drivers will not have to compete against any Cup drivers in the race.
Here’s a look at each driver’s record at the 1-mile track.
- In 20 Xfinity starts at Dover, Sadler has three top fives, 13 top 10s and one pole (Oct. 2011).
- Hasn’t finished better than sixth in last six Dover starts.
- Has led 22 laps at Dover.
- Sadler will try to earn his 100th career top-five finish. He has 99 top fives in 371 starts after placing fifth at Talladega.
- Has finished in top 10 in every race this year.
- In 14 Xfinity starts at Dover, has four top fives and seven top-10 finishes. Finished second in last fall’s race.
- Three of his top fives have come in last four starts there.
- Has led 19 laps at Dover.
- Has finished in top 10 in six of nine races this year.
- Enters Dover off career-best second-place finish at Talladega and three consecutive top 10s.
- This is Jones’ first time as a Dash 4 Cash participant.
- In four starts at Dover, hasn’t finished better than 17th. DNFs in last two starts.
- One top five and five top 10s through nine races this season.
- In eight Xfinity starts at Dover, has never finished better than 13th in his first start in 2014.
- Hasn’t finished on lead lap since first two Dover starts.
- Average finish of 16.1.
- Has never recorded a DNF at Dover.
- Sixth-place finish at Talladega was first top 10 of season.