You won’t hear much from Ryan Blaney in this week’s edition of “Scan All.”
Though the 23-year-old driver won the Pocono 400 at Pocono Raceway, the radio in his No. 21 Ford failed in the middle of the race. That forced him to communicate with his team via hand signals until he took the checkered flag.
Here’s a sampling of what you will hear in “Scan All.”
- “Sorry, I hate these digital dashboards. I’m used to the analogue ones.” – Darrell Wallace Jr. apologizing for his first of three speeding penalties in his Cup debut.
- Kasey Kahne, Jamie McMurray and Dale Earnhardt foreshadowing the day’s outbreak of brake failures.
- “When I hit the brakes, my pedal went to the floor. I got away with one there.” – Jimmie Johnson, who was unhurt after his hard crash near the end of Stage 2.
- Kyle Busch and interim crew chief Ben Beshore communicating pit strategy via Toyota car models “Camry” and “Highlander.”
- “Forget it.” – Kyle Busch after he lost the lead to Ryan Blaney with 10 laps to go. He proceeded to drop through the field, finishing ninth.
- “I know you can’t talk, bud, but I’m so proud of you today.” – Crew chief Jeremy Bullins after Ryan Blaney won the Pocono 400.
Watch the video for more scanner highlights from the Pocono 400.