The Kyle Petty Charity Ride will be held for the 23rd time this year, as it travels through the Pacific Northwest in May to benefit the Victory Junction Gang Camp.
The journey of 200 motorcycle riders, led by the NASCAR on NBC analyst, will leave from Portland, Oregon, on May 13 and end in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on May 19.
The camp was founded in 2004 in memory of Petty’s son Adam, who was killed in a crash at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in 2000. The purpose of the camp, located in Randleman, North Carolina, is providing life-changing camping experiences for children with chronic or life-threatening illnesses.
7,985 children have attended Victory Junction. In 2016, the Ride raised more than $1 million, sending 100 children to camp.
“It’s pretty straightforward: every single mile we ride is for one cause, and that is to send chronically ill children to camp at Victory Junction at no cost to their families,” Petty in a press release. “The Ride is an enriching experience for everyone involved, and this year we’ll be riding through some spectacular parts of the country like Mount Rushmore, and for the very first time the Columbia River Gorge.”
Among the 200 riders will be seven-time NASCAR champion Richard Petty; former drivers Harry Gant, Hershel McGriff and Donnie Allison; former NFL player Herschel Walker; NBC Sports personalities Rick Allen and Rutledge Wood and Harley-Davidson Museum president, Bill Davidson.
The charity ride encourages fans to come out and meet the riders at their many stops, which include Yellowstone and Badlands National Parks, Bighorn National Forest and the iconic Harley-Davidson Museum.
Here’s the charity ride’s travel plan for each day of the week-long trip:
- Day 1, Saturday, May 13 – Portland, Oregon to Walla Walla, Washington
- Day 2, Sunday, May 14 – Walla Walla, Washington to Missoula, Montana
- Day 3, Monday, May 15 – Missoula, Montana to Cody, Wyoming
- Day 4, Tuesday, May 16 – Cody, Wyoming to Deadwood, South Dakota
- Day 5, Wednesday, May 17 – Deadwood, South Dakota to Mitchell, South Dakota
- Day 6, Thursday, May 18 – Mitchell, South Dakota to Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Day 7, Friday, May 19 – Minneapolis, Minnesota to Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Fans can follow along with the Charity Ride at the following social media channels.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kpcharityride and www.facebook.com/kylepetty45
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/kpcharityride and www.instagram.com/kylepetty
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/kpcharityride and www.twitter.com/kylepetty