Jimmie Johnson has moved on from Phoenix penalty

Photo by Robert Laberge/Getty Images
0 Comments

HOMESTEAD, Fla. — Jimmie Johnson said he’s not talked to NASCAR officials about being penalized for pulling up to pit last week at Phoenix, but notes that he’s “moved on.’’

Johnson and Martin Truex Jr. each received one-lap penalties for the infraction, which had been called in only one other Sprint Cup race this season.

Johnson was baffled by the penalty last week and said he wanted to talk to NASCAR officials about it. He said he traded messages with NASCAR officials during the week but missed talking to them because of various media obligations and travel.

“It’s off my radar,’’ Johnson said after qualifying 14th for Sunday’s race. “You’re damned sure I won’t pass that pace car, though. I’m not playing that game again. Yeah, I’ve moved on. I just pray and hope that they officiate it the same way they did with me every stop, everybody who’s up front.’’