McDowell, driver of Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing’s No. 95, was treated for dehydration and burns on his feet. McDowell had to be taken to the medical center on a stretcher. McDowell entered the race having dealt with pneumonia and strep throat according to NBC Sports’ Mike Massaro.
“The floors get hot here at Martinsville,” McDowell told Massaro after leaving the medical center under his own power. “I had a fan that broke so it wasn’t getting in fresh air down to the floor board. Everything gets so hot and the brakes are so hot. The next few weeks won’t be much fun putting a driving shoe on.”
Allmendinger, driver of the No. 47 Chevrolet for JTG-Daugherty Racing, was treated for overheating but was quickly released from the medical center.
HScott Motorsports’ Annett was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning a team spokesman told NBC Sports. Damage to the left-rear of Annett’s No. 46 car caused fumes to enter the car.
McDowell finished 18th, Allmendinger in 10th and Annett in 35th in the race