Jamie McMurray posted the fastest lap in Saturday morning’s practice session at Martinsville Speedway. He had a lap of 96.780 mph.
The final Sprint Cup practice session begins at noon ET on NBCSN.
Chase contender Joey Logano was second on the speed chart in the morning session with a lap of 96.736 mph. He was followed by David Ragan (96.671 mph), pole-sitter Martin Truex Jr. (96.652) and AJ Allmendinger (96.622).
Among the Chase contenders (other than Logano):
- Matt Kenseth was sixth with a lap of 96.558 mph
- Carl Edwards was seventh with a lap of 96.519 mph
- Jimmie Johnson was 10th with a lap of 96.420 mph
- Denny Hamlin was 11th with a lap of 96.401 mph
- Kurt Busch was 12th with a lap of 96.396 mph
- Kevin Harvick was 13th with a lap of 96.391 mph
- Kyle Busch was 16th with a lap of 96.249 mph
There were no incidents in the session.