Richard Petty doesn’t turn 80 years old until July 2, 2017, but the Petty family is happy to celebrate months in advance.
Ten months to be exact.
Announced today, the Petty brand of companies, including Richard Petty Motorsports, Petty’s Garage, Petty Family Foundation, Petty Museum, and Victory Junction have introduced a celebration calendar filled with various activities to take place over the next 10 months.
Fans can follow the activities at KINGS80th.com.
Petty’s children, Lisa, Kyle, Rebecca, and Sharon, began the celebration on Saturday by presenting him the keys to a 2017 Petty’s Garage “King Edition” Ford Mustang GT at the Mustang Club Car Show in Indianapolis, Indiana.
“We are so proud to celebrate Daddy’s birthday with all his fans over the course of the next year,” said Rebecca Petty-Moffitt. “There is no better way to kick it off than with Ford Motor Company and Petty’s Garage allowing us to give Dad the 43rd build of the ‘King Edition’ Ford Mustang GT. Ford is a huge supporter of all of the Petty brands with strong partnerships with Richard Petty Motorsports, Petty’s Garage, Victory Junction and more, and even provided support for Dad during his career. We have so much more planned for our fans; today is just the start.”
Among the activities for the Petty brands are:
- Richard Petty Motorsports will engage fans with special promotions, including packages from its sponsors.
- Petty’s Garage will continue the celebration during their mobile tour stops throughout the country.
- The Petty Museum will announce special apparel along with additional merchandise.
- The Petty Museum will culminate their celebration with the opening of the Petty-Toomes Homestead historical landmark in Level Cross, North Carolina, the birthplace of Richard Petty.
- Petty Family Foundation, Victory Junction and the Kyle Petty Charity Ride also will join the celebration during various events throughout the year.
The Petty Museum also will be offering replicas of the first racing tee Petty wore, which features the 1964 Plymouth Petty raced. The tees will be available for fans until July 2017.
In addition to the various activities planned by the Petty brands, fans can join the conversation on social media using #KINGs80th.