NBC NASCAR analyst Kyle Petty is getting ready to hit the road again for his 22nd anniversary Charity Ride Across America.
The cross-country ride features 200 hearty souls who will climb aboard their motorcycles to not only see the country, but more importantly, raise funds to send kids to Victory Junction.
Petty and former wife Pattie founded Victory Junction more than a decade ago to memorialize their late son Adam, who was killed in a racing accident in 2000.
Since then, the Ride has helped fund nearly 8,000 attendees in their visit to Victory Junction.
This year’s Ride Across America, sponsored by Mannheim, will take place from April 30 to May 6. It kicks off in Palm Springs, California, and crosses the finish line 2,150 miles later in Biloxi, Mississippi.
“We ride every mile, from the Palm Desert to the Gulf Coast and all the incredible miles in between, first and foremost for the children at Victory Junction,” Kyle Petty said in a media release. “Each year, the Ride creates lasting memories and gives riders the chance to check items off their travel bucket lists. This year will include the Ride’s first visit to Big Bend National Park.”
The Ride will make seven overnight stops and additional pit stops during the day along the way. Fans are encouraged to come out and meet Kyle and the riders along the route.
Among celebrity riders who will take part in at least some segments of the Ride are: NASCAR Hall of Famer Richard Petty, 2017 NASCAR Hall of Fame nominee Hershel McGriff, NASCAR legends Harry Gant and Donnie Allison, former NFL great Herschel Walker, retired Lieutenant Colonel Allen West, and NBC Sports NASCAR personalities Rick Allen and Rutledge Wood.
“Cruising the open road with friends who become family is incredible, but helping to create life-changing opportunities for children is what makes the Ride truly one of the most popular motorcycle rides in the country,” said Richard Petty.
Here’s the route for this year’s Ride:
- Day 1, Saturday, April 30 – Palm Springs, California to Phoenix, Arizona
- Day 2, Sunday, May 1 – Phoenix, Arizona to El Paso, Texas
- Day 3, Monday, May 2 – El Paso, Texas to Lajitas, Texas
- Day 4, Tuesday, May 3 – Lajitas, Texas to San Antonio, Texas
- Day 5, Wednesday, May 4 – San Antonio, Texas
- Day 6, Thursday, May 5 – San Antonio, Texas to Beaumont, Texas
- Day 7, Friday, May 6 – Beaumont, Texas to Biloxi, Mississippi
You can also follow along with the Ride on social media:
- Facebook: facebook.com/kpcharityride, www.facebook.com/kylepetty45
- Instagram: instagram.com/kpcharityride, www.instagram.com/kylepetty
- Twitter: twitter.com/kpcharityride, www.twitter.com/kylepetty