If you plan on attending a NASCAR race weekend this season you have 12 chances to get a close look at a Xfinity Series race thanks to Virtual Reality.
The experience can only be had trackside at the Xfinity Zone booth and will be present at 12 more races this season after debuting at Daytona and appearing at Atlanta.
A fan can wear Samsung Gear VR goggles for three to four minutes and will be transported to the 2015 Xfinity Series season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
The video allow fans to witness the action of the Xfinity Series race as if they were part of a race team. The goggles take the fan from the passenger seat of Daniel Suarez‘ car to the wall of pit road as Suarez’ pit crew goes to work on his No. 18 Toyota and all the way to the top of the grandstands in Turn 1.
The above video is an interactive preview of what you’ll experience. Click and drag your mouse to take everything in.
You can catch the Xfinity Zone booth with the Virtual Reality Experience next at Bristol Motor Speedway on April 16.
Here is the full schedule for the Virtual Reality Experience
2016 Xfinity Zone Locations:
· 4/16 – Bristol Motor Speedway
· 4/23 – Richmond International Raceway
· 5/14 – Dover International Speedway
· 6/4 – Pocono Raceway
· 6/11 – Michigan International Speedway
· 6/28 – Sonoma Raceway
· 7/16 – New Hampshire Motor Speedway
· 7/23 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
· 9/9 – Richmond International Raceway
· 9/17 – Chicagoland Speedway
· 10/1 – Dover International Speedway
· 11/19 – Homestead-Miami Speedway