Have you ever wanted to have all the statistical data and video availability that NASCAR crew chiefs have during each race?
Now’s your chance, as Xfinity announced today a new Xfinity X1 Sports App that will take fans so close to the action that they’ll think they’re sitting atop the pit box.
“The X1 Sports App is one of the most in-depth, TV sports companion tools in the country,” Matt Lederer, executive director of sports marketing at Comcast, said in a statement. “(The X1 provides) pre-race matchups, live in-race stats, and full post-race analysis – all on the same screen as the race itself, for no extra charge.
“The NASCAR enhancements to the X1 Sports App will give fans an insider’s look into everything that takes place across the top-three NASCAR national series, including the NASCAR Xfinity Series, each and every race weekend, directly on the TV. From lead changes throughout the race to providing interactive ways for you to look at a driver’s stats, Xfinity X1 is changing the way fans experience NASCAR.”
Among the highlights of the new app:
* A continued live look at the leaderboard (change in position, pit stops).
* Telemetry displays (speed of car, RPM, direction of wheel/brake application) and access to in-race team radio communications.
* Track temperature and weather, track information, race start times, qualifying position, overall championship point standings and more. Once the green flag drops the app will give fans access to NASCAR’s Timing & Scoring feed, which provides a live leaderboard and other up-to-the-second race stats.
* The ability for fans to customize the app to track their favorite drivers, no matter where they are on the track.
* During rain delays, the right-hand side of the screen will provide an update once track activity resumes, even while watching other programming.
* Pre-race info on the X1 Sports App: Qualifying lineup, pre-race point standings, laps of race, race name and track, how many scheduled laps, track diagram and history, car number/driver name, season standings, driver photo and more.
* In-race info: Full-field leaderboard, lap count, lead changes, change in position, top three pit stops, in-progress race stats, number of cautions, quality passes, drivers out of the race, track temp and weather and more.
* Post-race info: Full field finishing order and race statistics, updated season point standings, total cautions, race recap, winner, top three finishers, laps led, laps in top 10, passes made and quality passes, lead changes, drivers out and more.
* If you miss the race, you’ll still be able to find out how your favorite driver did, as well as their updated stats for the season, driver history by track, driver photo and biography and car number, team information, Twitter handle, average starting position, wins and ranking, top fives and ranking, top 10s and ranking, top 20s and ranking, position by lap graph and more.
The Xfinity X1 app is available as part of the X1 Entertainment Operating System for Xfinity subscribers just in time for all of this weekend’s race at Daytona, particularly Sunday’s Daytona 500.