Erik Jones took home the title in his rookie season in the Camping World Truck Series. Jones, driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports, finished the season with three wins, which equaled his total from 2014.
Jones ended the 2015 season with the best driver rating. This season there were five drivers in the top 10 of the stat category who weren’t in it in 2014.
NASCAR tabulates the driver rating based off totals in wins, finishes, top-15 finishes, average running position while on the lead lap, average speed under green, fastest lap, led most laps and lead-lap finish. There is a maximum 150 points per race. They must have raced in 75 percent of scheduled point-paying races.
Here’s the final totals for driver ratings in the Truck series.
- Erik Jones (117.9) – Jones topped the total earned by Darrell Wallace Jr. in 2014 (109.5).
- Matt Crafton (113.9) – The two-time champion finished with the runner-up driver rating for the second year in a row. In 2014, he finished with a rating of 106.0.
- Tyler Reddick (100.54) – Reddick is one of three rookies in the top five driver ratings. This is the second-straight year a Brad Keselowski Racing driver finished with the third-best rating (Ryan Blaney, 101.7).
- John Hunter Nemechek (95.0) – Nemechek finished in the top five despite not racing in five of the season’s 28 races. He earned one win at Chicagoland Speedway.
- Johnny Sauter (93.0) – Sauter slipped one spot from 2014 when his rating was 94.8. Sauter did not earn a Truck win for the first time since 2008.
- Timothy Peters (91.0) – Finished with two wins in 2015. Had the fifth-best rating in 2014 (88.8).
- Cameron Hayley (87.6) – A rookie, Hayley helped put all three ThorSport drivers into the top 10.
- John Wes Townley (79.3) – Improved two spots from 2014. Was helped by earning his first career NASCAR win at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Daniel Hemric (78.7) – The rookie finished the season with four top-five finishes. He led only 18 laps.
- Ben Kennedy (77.5) – Dropped three spots from 2014 when he finished with a rating of 80.0.