NASCAR announced amendments to the Sprint Cup Rule Book this week.
Among the changes:
- Only drivers licensed and approved to compete in the Sprint Cup Series are eligible to participate in NASCAR-approved tire tests.
- The tire test scheduled for Auto Club Speedway later this month has been canceled and replaced by a test Oct. 27-29 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Scheduled to test there will be Richard Childress Racing, Chip Ganassi Racing, Roush Fenway Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing.
- A tire test at Homestead-Miami Speedway has been added for Dec. 14-15. Teams scheduled to test will be Stewart-Haas Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, Richard Petty Motorsports and Furniture Row Racing.
- NASCAR has a test scheduled Oct. 20 at Michigan International Speedway. Among the items on NASCAR’s agenda will be examining a low-downforce package. Denny Hamlin (Joe Gibbs Racing), Chase Elliott (Hendrick Motorsports) and Chris Buescher (Roush Fenway Racing) are scheduled to take part in the test.
- Brake caliper and brake rotor part numbers must be declared before opening practice at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Kansas Speedway, Talladega Superspeedway, Texas Motor Speedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway. In 2016, brake caliper and brake rotor part numbers must be declared before opening practice at all events.