Video game maker Electronic Arts has announced that it is releasing a NASCAR Experience update to its free “Real Racing 3” game, which is available in the IOS App Store and Google Play.
The update is in connection with the Sprint Cup Series’ Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway on Sept. 12., which is the final race of the regular season before the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Included in the update according to a press release:
· Battle on the track with more officially licensed cars and sponsors from Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Roush Fenway Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, and Team Penske.
· Participate in the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway for the chance to win your selected team’s car to keep forever in the game.
· Drafting: when a car sits behind another car which creates less drag and hence increases their speed.
· Slingshot passing: when you use drafting to gain momentum to overtake another car
· Navigating around a pack: with so many cars on the track, players will need to learn the best time to pass, cut in front of, or draft their opponents to win.
You can download the game from its website. For the iPhone, the game is a 1.54 GB download.