Charlotte Motor Speedway will play host to NASCAR testing again Wednesday, and this session will be open to media, fans and one car from every organization in Sprint Cup.
There are 11 drivers (and teams) scheduled to drive in the Charlotte test, which runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET:
- Denny Hamlin (Joe Gibbs Racing)
- Aric Almirola (Richard Petty Motorsports)
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Roush Fenway Racing)
- Kevin Harvick (Stewart-Haas Racing)
- Joey Logano (Team Penske)
- Kasey Kahne (Hendrick Motorsports)
- Jamie McMurray (Chip Ganassi Racing)
- Martin Truex Jr. (Furniture Row Racing)
- Clint Bowyer (Michael Waltrip Racing)
- Brian Scott (Richard Childress Racing)
- Michael McDowell (Leavine Family Racing)
Kahne, Truex, Almirola and J.J. Yeley (BK Racing) participated in a closed Goodyear tire test Tuesday at the 1.5-mile oval, testing a new rules package (with less downforce) and a softer tire planned for the 2016 season. Kahne and Truex seemed happy with the change.
The grandstands will be open for Wednesday’s session at Gate 5A near the main ticket office. NASCAR Hall of Famer Junior Johnson will be signing autographs at the ticket office from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.