UPDATED (2/24, 7:05 p.m. ET): With David Ragan taking over the No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota for “the next several weeks,” Front Row Motorsports will have Joe Nemechek drive the No. 34 Ford this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
In all, 48 cars are listed to compete at Atlanta, meaning that at least five drivers will be going home following Sprint Cup qualifying on Friday night.
Here are some of the other notables on the list:
- After today’s confirmation from Stewart-Haas Racing, Regan Smith will drive their No. 41 entry in place of the suspended Kurt Busch for a second straight week.
- Brendan Gaughan begins his full-time run in the No. 62 Premium Motorsports entry after Brian Scott failed to qualify it in Sunday’s Daytona 500.
- At Daytona, Reed Sorenson ran with Team Xtreme Racing. But for Atlanta, Sorenson is listed as driver of the No. 29 RAB Racing entry that Justin Marks was unable to qualify. As for Team Xtreme’s No. 44, former Camping World Truck Series champ Travis Kvapil is listed with that ride.
- Another former Truck Series champ, Mike Bliss, takes over the No. 32 Go FAS Racing entry after Bobby Labonte finished 24th with it in the 500 (Labonte will run the No. 32 in all four superspeedway races this year).
- Following his 500 debut on Sunday in the No. 33 Circle Sport entry, Ty Dillon is back for Atlanta in the same car.
- Brett Moffitt will race the No. 55 Michael Waltrip Racing entry. Atlanta will be the No. 55’s final race without its regular driver, Brian Vickers, who returns at Las Vegas after recovering from off-season heart surgery.
- Matt Dibenedetto will seek his first Sprint Cup start in a third BK Racing entry, the No. 83.
QUIKTRIP FOLDS OF HONOR 500 – ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY
1-Jamie McMurray (Chip Ganassi Racing/McDonalds)
2-Brad Keselowski (Team Penske/Detroit Genuine Parts)
3-Austin Dillon (Richard Childress Racing/Dow Chemical)
4-Kevin Harvick (Stewart-Haas Racing/Jimmy John’s + Budweiser)
5-Kasey Kahne (Hendrick Motorsports/Farmers Insurance)
6-Trevor Bayne (Roush Fenway Racing/Advocare)
7-Alex Bowman (Tommy Baldwin Racing/Nikko + Toy State)
9-Sam Hornish Jr. (Richard Petty Motorsports/Medallion Bank)
10-Danica Patrick (Stewart-Haas Racing/GoDaddy)
11-Denny Hamlin (Joe Gibbs Racing/FedEx Ground)
13-Casey Mears (Germain Racing/GEICO)
14-Tony Stewart (Stewart-Haas Racing/Mobil 1 + Bass Pro Shops)
15-Clint Bowyer (Michael Waltrip Racing/5-Hour Energy)
16-Greg Biffle (Roush Fenway Racing/Ortho)
17-Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Roush Fenway Racing/Fifth Third Bank)
18-David Ragan (Joe Gibbs Racing/M&Ms)
19-Carl Edwards (Joe Gibbs Racing/Arris)
20-Matt Kenseth (Joe Gibbs Racing/Dollar General)
22-Joey Logano (Team Penske/Shell-Pennzoil)
23-J.J. Yeley (BK Racing/Dr. Pepper)
24-Jeff Gordon (Hendrick Motorsports/3M)
26-Jeb Burton (BK Racing/MAXIM Fantasy Sports App)
27-Paul Menard (Richard Childress Racing/Duracell + Menards)
29-Reed Sorenson (RAB Racing/TBA)
30-Ron Hornaday (The Motorsports Group/Curtis Key Plumbing)
31-Ryan Newman (Richard Childress Racing/Caterpillar)
32-Mike Bliss (Go FAS Racing/Rimrock Design)
33-Ty Dillon (Circle Sport/TBA)
34-Joe Nemechek (Front Row Motorsports/CSX “Play It Safe”)
35-Cole Whitt (Front Row Motorsports/Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters)
38-David Gilliland (Front Row Motorsports/Love’s Travel Stops)
40-Landon Cassill (Hillman Racing/Snap Fitness)
41-Regan Smith (Stewart-Haas Racing/Haas Automation)
42-Kyle Larson (Chip Ganassi Racing/Energizer)
43-Aric Almirola (Richard Petty Motorsports/Fresh From Florida)
44-Travis Kvapil (Team Xtreme Racing/TBA)
46-Michael Annett (HScott Motorsports/Pilot-Flying J)
47-A.J. Allmendinger (JTG Daugherty Racing/Better Than Bouillon)
48-Jimmie Johnson (Hendrick Motorsports/Lowe’s)
51-Justin Allgaier (HScott Motorsports/BRANDT)
55-Brett Moffitt (Michael Waltrip Racing/Aaron’s)
62-Brendan Gaughan (Premium Motorsports/TBA)
66-Mike Wallace (Premium Motorsports/TBA)
78-Martin Truex Jr. (Furniture Row Racing/Furniture Row)
83-Matt Dibenedetto (BK Racing/Burger King)
88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Hendrick Motorsports/Nationwide Insurance)
95-Michael McDowell (Leavine Family Racing/Thrivent Financial)
98-Josh Wise (Phil Parsons Racing)