After a two-year venture in the Camping World Truck Series, JR Motorsports will not field a team in the series this season.
The team made it official with a tweet on Tuesday morning.
JR Motorsports primarily fielded Cole Custer from 2015-16 in the No. 00 Chevrolet. Custer made 33 starts for the team, earning one win in 2015 at Gateway Motorsports Park. JRM also fielded Kevin Harvick, Kyle Larson, Alex Bowman, Jeb Burton and Kasey Kahne in one race each. Kahne gave the team its only other win, at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2015.
JRM will devote its full attention to the Xfinity Series, where it will field five cars in 2017, including full-time rides for Elliott Sadler, Justin Allgaier, Michael Annett and William Byron. The fifth car will feature Dale Earnhardt Jr. and other drivers.
Custer will compete in his rookie Xfinity season with Stewart-Haas Racing, which is racing in the Xfinity Series for the first time.
Jeb Burton will compete in his 14th Xfinity Series race of the year this weekend in the Drive for the Cure 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Burton, the son of former Sprint Cup driver Ward Burton, will make his third start in the No. 98 Ford Mustang of Biagi-DenBeste Racing. Burton drove the No. 43 for Richard Petty Motorsports in the first 11 races of the year. For Biagi-DenBeste Racing he has started at Indianapolis and Richmond, with a best finish of 12th at Indy.
“Our goal this weekend is to maintain good track position and get another top-10 finish,” Burton said in a press release. “I’m ready to be back racing and bring home a top finish for the whole organization.”
Biagi-DenBeste Racing has one win this year. Aric Almirola took the No. 98 to victory lane in the July race at Daytona International Speedway for the team’s second win in the Xfinity Series in 210 starts.
Burton will be making just his 16th career Xfinity start. His last start for Richard Petty Motorsports came in the May race at Charlotte, where he finished 11th.
Jeb Burton will make his third Xfinity Series start with Biagi-DenBeste Racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Oct. 7.
The team announced Wednesday that Burton will drive the No. 98 Ford with support from new partners The Z Real Estate Group and Keller Williams Burlington. In his previous two starts with the team, Burton finished 12th at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and 19th at Richmond International Raceway.
“I’m really excited and thankful for the opportunity to run the No. 98 The Z Real Estate Group KW Burlington Ford with Biagi-DenBeste Racing in Charlotte,” Burton said in a team release. “Biagi-DenBeste Racing has shown speed in their cars all year long, especially getting the win in Daytona in July. I’ve had a couple of solid runs with them this year, and am excited to get back to the track and get a good finish at Charlotte.”
Charlotte will be Burton’s 14th race this season. He started the year with Richard Petty Motorsports but lost his ride in June following a financial dispute between the organization and his sponsor, J. Streicher. Burton’s season-best finish is a 10th-place at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Puryear Tank Lines was also announced by Biagi-DenBeste as an associate sponsor of the No. 98 at Charlotte.
Eddie MacDonald is set for his third Sprint Cup Series start next weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Go Fas Racing will have MacDonald behind the wheel of the No. 32 Bentley’s Saloon Ford Fusion in the New Hampshire 301. Both of MacDonald’s previous Cup starts have come at New Hampshire with Go Fas Racing, with his best finish being a 35th in 2014. He finished 37th there last year.
With starts in all three NASCAR national series on his resume, MacDonald has been competing in the ACT Late Model Tour this season. Through seven events he has won twice and sits second in points. MacDonald has also made two NASCAR K&N Pro Series East starts.
With his July 17 start, MacDonald will be the sixth driver to have piloted the No. 32 car this season. The others include Jeffrey Earnhardt, Bobby Labonte, Jeb Burton, Patrick Carpentier, and Joey Gase.
There are a total of 41 cars listed on the preliminary entry list for Sunday’s Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Sonoma Raceway.
One car does not have a driver listed as yet: the No. 55 Car Port Empire Chevrolet of Premium Motorsports. However, the team announced Friday that Cody Ware, son of Xfinity Series team owner Rick Ware, will make his Sprint Cup debut in the No. 55.
Reed Sorenson has driven the No. 55 for seven races this season, the last time being at Charlotte for the Coca-Cola 600 on May 29. Since then, Sorenson has driven the No. 98 Chevrolet for Premium Motorsports owner Jay Robinson at Pocono (finished 28th) and Michigan (31st).
Cole Whitt is listed as the driver of the No. 98 for Sonoma. Only 40 cars will qualify for the race.
Here’s the entry list for Sunday’s race: