Kyle Busch is the winner of Stage 1 of Sunday’s 59th Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.
Each of the first two stages is 60 laps each, followed by an 80-lap final stage from Laps 121-200. Drivers earn from 10 to 1 points if they finish each of the first two stages in the top-10.
Busch and Harvick led the most laps, each driver leading 18 laps apiece.
* Joey Logano made an unscheduled pit stop on Lap 15 for four tires and fuel due to a loose wheel.
* On Lap 18, most of the Toyota contingent come to pit road for fuel and tires to get to the end of stage together. Erik Jones and Daniel Suarez both missed their pit stalls and had to go back around. Suarez also was caught speeding exiting pit road, and had to return to pit road.
* Matt Kenseth was the only Toyota driver that didn’t come to pit row on Lap 18, choosing to pit three laps later on Lap 21.
* David Ragan hit the wall on Lap 51, went to pit road for repairs and is back on track.
* There have been 10 lead changes and two cautions.